Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus is a Dutch version of ransomware, which uses the name of governmental organization for fooling victims about its legitimacy and making them pay for 'illegal' activities on their computers. If you see its alert, be aware that your computer has nothing to do with Dutch Police institution, but is infected with an extremely dangerous threat. In order to scare PC users, Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus not only shows its misleading alert, filled with familiar logos of Ukash and Paysafecard prepayment systems. This dangerous ransomware will lock your entire system down and will disable you from getting online or reaching your files. As you can see, scammers clearly seek to mislead you into thinking that you have been caught by Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime organization for illegal activities on your computer. Instead of following their commands, we highly recommend you to remove Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus?
Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus is now actively distributed in Netherlands. Typically this is done by using trojan viruses that can be installed together with fake codecs, drive-by-downloads, shareware or other hacked files. When it gets inside the system, this Ukash threat immediately blocks the entire system down and prevents its victims from doing any actions on it. Basically, that's the most annoying thing about this nasty virus. As soon as PC is rebooted, user starts seeing a misleading message, that looks like an official notification from Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime organization. It claims that user's PC will be unlocked only after he pays a fine of 100 Euros for his illegal cyber activities on his computer, including malware distribution or copyright laws violation. However, you should never trust such alert and remove Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus?
When trying to remove Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus, the most important part is unlocking your computer. For that, use one of these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes, Reimage other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.