Politie Office Central virus is a dangerous ransomware infection, which acts just like other Politie virus, POLITIE Belgique Police Federale virus, Buma Stemra Politie Virus and other scams. As soon as it infiltrates its target computer, virus blocks everything down and covers the entire PC's desktop with its misleading alert. This threat is set to hide everything what can be seen on PC's desktop, so you won't be capable to connect to the Internet or launch the programs that you need, especially anti-viruses. Politie Office Central virus attacks PC users from Belgium in the first place but there are many other threats that spread in other world's countries. In order to look more tricky, they show the logos of Police (Belgian Federal Police, in this case) and also displays the IP address of the victim. Please, don't fall for these misleading details! You must remove Politie Office Central virus as soon as you start seeing its forged alert on the desktop.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Politie Office Central virus?
Politie Office Central virus is distributed by trojan horse, which blocks computers down as soon as it enters the system. If you want to prevent this threat, you should stay away from all these unknown sites that offer watching videos for free. Besides, spam and freeware have also been found to help for this virus in its distribution. As soon as it gets inside the PC, virus blocks the entire system down and starts showing its fake alert that says:
Politie Office Central
De lutte contre la criminalite liee aux
Technologies de l'information et de la comunication
Attention! Votre ordinateur est bloqué à cause d’un ou de plusieurs motifs, indiqués ci dessous.
La some de l’amende fait 100€.
Please, ignore this fake notification, which is written in French, because it is used by scammers only to swindle 100 euros via Paysafecard and Ukash vouchers. If you want to prevent this threat, install powerful security software, which will catch all malicious programs before they get inside your computer. In addition, follow the guide given below to remove this dangerous ransomware from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Politie Office Central virus?
When trying to remove Politie Office Central virus or other ransomware from Ukash group, you have to unblock your PC at first. For that, try setting computer's date to the previous one. If this fails to help, follow these steps to unlock your computer and launch anti-spyware. Note that if you use Windows 8, you may also need this guide: How to start Safe Mode on Windows 8
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Politie Office Central virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Politie Office Central virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Politie Office Central virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.