Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is a serious ransomware, which is spread in Norway using several means of distribution. If you want to avoid it, you must stay away from malicious websites, ignore unknown emails and also avoid unlicensed programs. If Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus manages to get inside the system, it locks it down immediately and disconnects computer from the Internet so that the victim couldn't find a way to remove it from the system. The clearest sign, telling that Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is inside the system, is a huge warning, which uses local user's language and reports about various e-crimes detected. After that, it asks to pay the fine via Ukash, Paysafecard or other prepayment company. Of course, you should never do that because you will lose your money and support Internet criminals.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus?
As we have already mentioned, Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus relies on trojan horse when it needs to attack its target PC system. You can prevent its infiltration by installing updated anti-virus and anti-spyware programs on your computer. As soon as Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus settles down, it locks down the entire PC's system and starts showing a huge alert that typically reports about serious law violations detected. If your computer is infected with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus, you will an alert that says: “OBS! Datamaskinen din har blitt blokkert av sikkerhetsmessige grunner nevnt nedenfor”. You should never believe it and follow its commands that typically ask to pay the fine via Paysafecard or Ukash. Instead of that, you are highly recommended to remove Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus?
Remember, if you see an officially-looking warning from Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste, you have to ignore it because it belongs to ransomware. In addition, scan your computer with the reputable anti-malware and remove Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus from the system:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable your virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus manual removal: