Polizia di Stato Ukash virus is an Italian ransomware that seeks to rip PC users off by using the name of governmental organization. Just like the threats from yesterday, Politie Eenheid Voor De Bestruding Cybercrime Ukash virus, Česká Republika Policie virus or Bundesamt für Polizei virus, this Ukash threat starts its activity from a secret infiltration, which is based on a trojan virus. Once this trojan gets inside the PC, it alters system's parameters and creates a convenient atmosphere for Polizia di Stato virus by locking the entire system down. As a result, user becomes incapable to reach any of his files and sees only a huge alert pretending to belong for Italian Police. Typically, Polizia di Stato virus shows computer's IP address, its position, web camera and misleading notification, which claims that victim has been caught doing illegal activities on his computer. Once you start seeing Polizia di Stato virus, you must ignore its alert and never pay the fine, which is asked at the end of the alert. If you think that this will help you to unlock your computer, don't dream about it. You must remove Polizia di Stato virus if you want to recover the access to your files.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Polizia di Stato Ukash virus?
Trojan, which is responsible for Polizia Di Stato virus infiltration, can get inside the system together with free software or media codec, that are usually downloaded from unsafe file sharing websites. When inside and active, this trojan installs Polizia Di Stato virus and alters a part of computer's settings in order to show its unwanted pop-up ad. Typically, user is disconnected from Internet connection and sees only this alert that reports about law violations and fine of 100 euros. It claims:
Polizia di stato
Unità di analisi sul crimine informatico
Attenzione! Il Suo computer e bloccato a causa di uno o piu motivi di cui sotto
Tutte le operazioni fatte a questo computer sono scritte. Se usa la webcam, video, foto si conservano per l’identificazione.Lei può essere individuate facilmente per il Suo indirizzo IP e l’indirizzo del domain legato con esso.Il tuo computer è stato bloccato!
However, you must keep in mind that such institutions never collect their fines by locking their target computers down. We highly recommend to ignore Polizia di Stato virus and remove it from your PC.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Polizia di Stato Ukash virus?
When trying to remove Polizia di Stato Ukash virus, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet and that's the most important thing because you won't be capapble to download anti-malware program and remove infected files from the system. However, if you have the Internet connection on your computer, download Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes that will remove infected files from your computer.If you are blocked, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.