Polizia virus is a ransomware application that seeks to attack PC users living in Italy, Slovenia and other countries. Similarly to Polizia di Stato Ukash virus and Polizia Slovena Ukash virus, it belongs to malicious Ukash virus group, which is already known for its daily parasites that use different languages and block their victims from accessing their desktops. As soon as you find such virus on your computer, you will be blocked by its huge and intimidating Italian alert, claiming that you have been caught for illegal PC activity and various law violations. Basically, when infected by this threat, you need only to reboot your computer in order to receive the alert from Polizia virus. It includes official law enforcement symbols and shows user's IP address, so there is a huge chance that many victims will be tricked by this ransomware. We highly recommend NOT to spend the money on the fine, which is required by Polizia virus, because you will do the only thing – you will support the scammers.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Polizia virus?
Polizia virus is spread by trojan horse, that comes inside the system through its backdoors. Typically, that's freeware and shareware files that can easily give you this Italian threat on your computer, so stop using unofficial sources if you don't want to get infected with Ukash or other viruses. As soon as it gets inside the system, it displays an alert that accuses its victims of illegal PC activity, such as downloading copyrighted files (videos and music), visiting pages filled with pornographic content, distributing malware and similar. If you happen to see such alert, you must keep in mind that it's fake and that you must remove Polizia virus as soon as possible. Follow the post if you need to know how you can do that.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Polizia virus?
When trying to remove Polizia virus, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet and that's the most important thing because you won't be capapble to download anti-malware program and remove infected files from the system. However, if you have the Internet connection on your computer, download Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes that will remove infected files from your computer. If you are blocked, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes to get rid of this virus for good.