PoshCoder is a very dangerous cyber infection that is also categorized as a ransomware. In other words, PoshCoder is a virus, which blocks the system and then displays a misleading notification asking Internet users to pay a certain amount of money in order to unblock their computers. This ransomware presents itself as a legitimate and genuine notification from official governmental authority. It can inform you that it belongs to Police, FBI and similar law enforcement agency. However, despite convincing logos, PoshCoder virus has nothing in common with these authorities and all what it tries is to swindle money from naive people. If this ransomware infiltrates your machine, it will block you from accessing your computer's essential components. In order to reach them and start using your PC as always, you should waste no time and PoshCoder virus from your system. By the way, do NOT pay a single cent because that's only a method which is used by cyber criminals to earn the money.
How can PoshCoder infect my computer?
Hackers and cyber criminals are very inventive. They can find even the smallest gaps in your system in order to infect it with PoshCoder. Therefore, this and similar viruses are quite common. You can get infected with PoshCoder virus after opening a spam letter with malicious attachment, downloading a fake program or update from unsafe website, etc. If you want to avoid this and similar viruses, you should stay away from unsafe or questionable websites. Also, don't download doubtful freeware from the internet and don't install fake updates from unknown sources because internet is filled with unsafe websites, fake programs, infected emails, files and similar stuff. If you think that your computer is infected with this dangerous ransomware, you should remember that paying a fine won't help you to get rid of PoshCoder virus. You can do that only with a help of reliable anti-spyware.
How to remove PoshCoder virus?
In order to remove this virus, you should unlock your computer. Follow these steps, submitted by our security experts, and remove PoshCoder virus from your system:
* Manual PoshCoder virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.
* Users infected with PoshCoder virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Flash drive method:
- Take another machine and use it to download Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or other reputable anti-malware program.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot computer infected with PoshCoder virus once more and run a full system scan with updated anti-malware program.