Information about Productivity Boss Toolbar:
First of all, despite the fact that the tool can be downloaded manually as an individual application from the official website, the developers of it claim that it might be spread in other ways as well:
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds, and/or content. If you are installing an MS Product that includes third party services and third party content, such services and content are subject to such third party’s terms of services and privacy policies, which may be found on the relevant Third Party Partner’s website.
Secondly, it has been found that this questionable toolbar is capable of modifying browser’s settings and making people visit websites that it wants them to visit. To be more precise, once installed, it attaches a browser extension to all the most popular web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and may set search.myway.com as your default start page, search provider, and a new tab. Take note that that this cannot happen without your permission. This way, it gets the ability to deliver predetermined search results, which may contain various sponsored links and advertisements linked to third party websites. However, we cannot claim that the websites advertised by Productivity Boss Toolbar are unsafe; however, we still recommend to avoid visiting them. You can never know what content they hold, plus, the developers of this toolbar are not reliable or responsible for what these websites do.
MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. MS has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that MS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
The decision is yours – you can keep this program if you want, but many computer security experts advise not to do so.
How can Productivity Boss Toolbar be installed on my PC?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of MyScrapNook toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this application?
Productivity Boss Toolbar removal guide is given down below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to Productivity Boss Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Productivity Boss Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Productivity Boss Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.
Finally, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable anti-spyware. This will let you make sure that your computer is free of this program.