ProductivityPro is a cross-browser plug-in, which has no other purpose apart from displaying advertisements. Furthermore, this dubious program may infiltrate your computer and act behind your back. That is why many internet users are assuming that ProductivityPro is a malicious virus infection. However, there are lighter terms that perfectly describes this useless program, and those terms are 'adware' and 'potentially unwanted program'. Besides, this questionable program may invoke tracking cookies and collect information about your browsing habits. If you do not want to experience privacy-related issues, there is no other option for you except removing this worthless program.
How can ProductivityPro hijack my computer?
Such ad-supported programs are often transmitted via freewares, sharewares and other free programs. This distribution method is called bundling. In fact, this distribution technique is rather effective because very few people are closely checking what program they are installing. Right after you fail to notice such unwanted attachment, you may be flooded with ProductivityPro ads. Although you may be offered to decline such attachment, people often skip this step in order to speed up the installation process. We strongly advise not to do so because you may install ProductivityPro virus unintentionally. Instead, try not to rush the installation and select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and follow the entire process step-by-step.
How to remove ProductivityPro adware from my computer?
As we have mentioned before, ProductivityPro virus may travel together with such freewares as HD Codecs, Download Accelerator, etc. Therefore, if you want to stop ProductivityPro ads from appearing, you need to check your recently installed programs and remove newly-installed and suspicious-looking ones. This 'how to' tutorial will help you:
- Remove ProductivityPro from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ProductivityPro, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for ProductivityPro or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.