Produtools is a potentially unwanted application, which is closely related to search.conduit.com virus. Just like any other adware, it tends to rely on the third party software, so it can easily get inside the system without your permission asked. Usually, it comes on its target PC's system in a form of Toolbar and settles down on all web browsers that are installed there, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Of course, it can be installed manually as well. According to security experts, this software tries to increase the traffic to related websites, so it alters start page and default search engine in the first place. Of course, it leaves search.conduit.com there. If you have noticed these system changes, you should scan the system with updated anti-spyware as soon as possible.
HOW CAN I GET GET PRODUTOOLS ON MY COMPUTER?
As we have mentioned earlier, Produtools can enter computer via two different methods. It can be installed from its official website as a progam, which will improve your browsing experience. However, in most of the cases it gets inside the PC without an appropriate user's permission asked because it also relies on shareware and freeware. If you want to prevent such programs, you should always choose custom installation method when downloading software and then unclick all unfamiliar entries that show up on the components list. As soon as such program gets inside, it starts altering system's settings and starts showing up on all Internet browsers. Beware that this toolbar can be easily used to collect various data, including your web browsing history as similar. If you want to get rid of Produtools and its unwanted activity, follow the guide given below and fix your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE PRODUTOOLS?
If you haven't installed Produtools manually, you should firstly scan the system with updated anti-spyware. For that, we recommend using Reimage.
In addition, remove Produtools from Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Produtools and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Produtools.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Produtools and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.