How can Protected Surf hijack my computer?
Protected Surf virus is usually distributed as an additional attachment together with various freewares. However, you can easily download this ad-supported application directly. As we have mentioned before, don't believe what developers are saying about this program. Conduct a small research and find as much information as possible. Read comments and reviews from people who have already downloaded your desired program. Avoid using questionable download clients or downloading unfamiliar freewares from doubtful sources. Moreover, get yourself a reliable security tool that protects your computer day and night. If your computer is unprotected, you should inspect every single program/application that you are willing to install. Don't skip a single step of the installation because you may add Protected Surf as well.
How to remove Protected Surf adware from my computer?
This potentially unwanted program may display various pop-ups, in-text ads, underlined keywords, search-related ads, banner-type ads and similar advertisements. Don't let Protected Surf ads bother and annoy you. You just need to follow this removal instruction.
- Remove Protected Surf from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Protected Surf, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Protected Surf extension from your browsers (Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Safari, go ‘Menu‘ → ‘Preferences’ → ‘Extensions’ tab.
2. Here, look for Protected Surf and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
4. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
5. Here, look for Protected Surf and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
6. Once you remove it, change your start page.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find Protected Surf and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for Protected Surf extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.