PsdCheckEr (you can also find it named as PsdCheckeR 5.0) is another program, which is categorized as potentially unwanted program (PUP) or adware. Security vendors have decided to warn people about this program because it has been spread in a bundle with other programs as their component. In addition to that, it has been actively used to display commercial notifications, pop-up ads and banner ads during people's browsing sessions. If PsdChecker virus infiltrates computer, it modifies all web browsers that are installed on it. Once it makes these changes, it starts initiating previously mentioned activities and also tracks people for collecting information about their search queries, favorite websites, submitted details and similar things. Officially, this data should help PsdCheckEr's developers to display related advertisements and content but we also think that it may initiate privacy-related issues.
How can PsdCheckEr hijack my computer?
PsdChecker is spread around as an ad-supported plugin, which is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers. You can download it from various download sites voluntarily but we don't recommend that because this program may initiate continuous pop-up ads and similar inconveniences. In addition to this, PsdChecker may also infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware as a 'free addition'. In order to prevent installation of such adwares, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation method and then opt out of any unfamiliar additions. However, if you noticed PsdChecker redirects to unfamiliar sites, continuous pop-up ads and similar things, we recommend following these steps and eliminating this adware from the system.
How to remove PsdCheckEr?
PsdCheckEr virus is one of those programs that should be avoided. No matter that this program can't harm your computer, it may start initiating redirects to insecure websites, slow down your browsers and initiate similar issues. In order to avoid them, you should follow these steps and remove PsdCheckEr from the system:
- Scan your computer with Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner. This will help you to make sure that your system is free of malicious files and folders.
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to PsdCheckEr:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as PsdCheckEr, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YPsdCheckEr 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.