Public Security Directorate Virus (also known as The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Public Security Directorate Virus) is a dangerous ransomware infection, which locks computer down once it gets inside it. Of course, it does that for a reason. Just like its classic variant known as FBI virus, Public Security Directorate Virus tries to mislead its victims that they have a deal with governmental authority and that they have been noticed for violating some laws. Typically, this virus lists the use of pornographic content and similar violations. Additionally, this virus asks to pay a fine of 300 dollars using a CashU code in order to avoid more serious charges. Though it sounds convincing, you should never follow this requirement because you will lose the money and won't have your PCs unlocked. In order to fix your computer, you should ignore this hoax and remove Public Security Directorate virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Public Security Directorate Virus?
If you are interested in Public Security Directorate virus distribution, we won't say anything new about it because this virus classically relies on trojan horse when it needs to infect the machine without user's knowledge. This trojan can get on your computer via malicious or hacked websites, infected freeware and shareware, spam and similar ways. Once installed, it blocks the whole system and locks computer's screen with this huge notification that reports about illegal activities and asks to pay the fine. Please, keep in mind that governmental organizations have never been using such systems as CashU for collecting their payments. Even ore, they have never been blocking PCs after noticing illegal activities on the Internet. Beware that you can safely ignore Public Security Directorate Virus and remove this threat from your computer.
HOW TOR EMOVE Public Security Directorate Virus?
Before you get ability to run a scan on your computer and remove infected files that belong to Public Security Directorate Virus, you have to unblock your computer's system. For that, follow these steps:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunterCombo Cleaner, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Public Security Directorate virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with the Public Security Directorate Virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Public Security Directorate Virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Public Security Directorate Virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining Public Security Directorate virus files.
This video guide shows how to remove FBI virus and all ransomware threats that belong to this group of viruses: