What is Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014?
If you have been thinking that Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 (or Rango Antivirus 2014) is a powerful security application that is trying to protect your computer from viruses, potentially unwanted programs and other dangerous things, you should think again. In reality, it's just another rogue anti-spyware that seeks to trick you into believing that your computer is infected and that you have to purchase its licensed version. If you don't want to lose your money, you should never pay for such programs as Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 virus. Keep in mind that they display identical alerts on all computers that they manage to infect because they don't have any virus database or other components that should be injected into anti-spyware. After scaring their victims, they push them into purchasing their fake licensed versions and steal their money in this way. You can easily start seeing fake Rango Antivirus 2014 scanners and alerts out of nowhere because this program is spread thru security vulnerabilities. If this has already attacked your computer, you shouldn't postpone its removal because keeping such programs on the system may easily lead you to identity theft, money loss and similar issues. Please, run a full system scan with Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware if you think that Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is hiding in your PC.
How can Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
Just like many other viruses, this fake anti-spyware is spread using various techniques. In most of the cases, people are tricked into downloading it to their computers via fake alerts that may appear either on illegal or legitimate websites. Of course, legitimate sites are used for displaying fake alerts only after they get hacked by hackers. In order to stay safe, you should always try to ignore notifications that report about missing updates and offer them for free. If you have been informed that you need to update your Java, Flash Player or other program, you should stay away from this ad. In addition, you should also ignore alerts that offer to check the system with the 'free scanner' or similar program because there is no such thing as 'free scanner'. If you have been tricked into downloading such application, you should check your computer for Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014. Also, pay attention to notifications. If you have noticed something similar to the ones that are given below, you should be concerned. In this case, you should perform steps that are given below and remove this rogue from the system.
Once Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 infects the system, it starts showing such alerts:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Tracking software found!
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing a security scan.
Internet Explorer alert.
Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system!
Possible reasons include:
Dangerous code found in this site’s pages which installs unwanted software into your system.
Suspicious and potentially unwanted network activity detected.
Spyware infection in your system.
Complaints from other users about this site.
Port and system scans performed by the site being visited.
Things you can do:
Get a copy of “Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014” to safeguard your PC while surfing the web (RECOMMENDED)
Run a spyware, virus and malware scan
Continue surfing without any security measures (DANGEROUS)
How to remove Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 virus?
Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware, so if you have already started noticing its alerts, you should act now. Select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Rango Win 8 Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.