What is Rango XP Antivirus 2014?
Even though Rango XP Antivirus 2014 (or Rango Antivirus 2014) may seem as a genuine anti-virus program, do not get tricked by it. In reality its just another rogue anti-spyware that belongs to the well-known Braviax/FakeRean family of rogues. You should be very careful with this program because it tries to trick you and steal your money. This malicious program uses misleading methods to infiltrate random computers. For instance: it may be spread via fake online alerts or spam email messages. Once it manages to get inside, it shows how it loads its scanners and checks your computer from various infections. You may really think that its a reliable anti-spyware since its scanner seems very professional. Besides, once it finishes the scanning, it delivers a long list of infections that are supposedly hiding on system. DO NOT fall into this trick because Rango XP Antivirus 2014 virus invents scan results and includes non-existent files or randomly chosen files just for scaring its victims! If you would try to click 'Fix now' button, you would see that it redirects you to the purchase website and asks to buy its licensed version in order to remove each of previously reported infections. In addition to that, you may see constant Rango XP Antivirus 2014 security alerts stating that your PC is at the risk. If you are in this situation right now, please ignore all scans, alerts and notifications, and NEVER pay money for licensed version of this program. Otherwise, you can not only lose your money, but can also reveal your sensitive data, such as banking information, to the cyber criminals. Thus, if this dangerous program has already appeared on your PC and is urging you to buy its license, do not wait any longer and run a full system scan with a reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage.
How can Rango XP Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
Since Rango XP Antivirus 2014 is a malicious program that seeks to deceive people in various ways, it goes without saying that its developers have been employing unfair techniques when trying to increase its distribution rate. If you visit illegal websites, click on fake alerts, download suspicious programs or questionable attachments to your computer, you can easily get infected with Rango XP Antivirus 2014 virus. Once installed, this deceiving peogram initiates various operations and system modifications. Typically, it starts scanning the system and then displays fake alerts. Such and similar notifications may indicate that Rango XP Antivirus 2014 has already infected your computer:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet – This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 Alert – System Hacked! Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected.
Most frequently, Rango XP Antivirus 2014 gets inside the system after clicking on online alerts stating that your computer is infected and offering to scan it for free. NEVER trust such notifications and keep in mind that there isn't such thing as online security scanner at all. Besides, it is advisable to avoid opening spammy email messages at all because they are perfect mediums used for spreading malicious programs. The best and the most reliable way to prevent infiltration of such and similar programs is to install a reputable anti-spyware. If this malicious program has already infected your computer, follow the instructions down below and get rid of it right now.
How to remove Rango XP Antivirus 2014 virus?
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware that tries to steal your money. That's why you should take needed actions as soon as you notice its fake alerts. Select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires just downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Rango XP Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Rango XP Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.