Rapid-Searcher.com is untrustworthy search engine, which is spread with a help of freeware and shareware. Technically, it is not a virus or malware because it can't harm computer in any way. However, it may return altered search results, display commercial pop-up notifications, slow down browses or track users and their browsing habits. In most of the cases, Rapid-Searcher.com seeks to make people visit related websites and earn some money for its creators. However, some of these sites may be insecure, infected or may try to make you install potentially unwanted programs. In order to stay safe, you should use more reputable search engines, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. In addition, make sure you remove Rapid-Searcher.com from the system if it appeared instead of your start page or default search engine.
How can Rapid-Searcher.com infiltrate my computer?
Rapid-Searcher.com is typically promoted with a help of free downloads. Those who want to protect their computers from such programs should pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware and shareware. That means they should choose a Custom or Advanced installation method and then deselect all checkboxes that say that they agree to make Rapid-Searcher.com their homepage or default search engine. Of course, the clearest sign of its infiltration is the change in these settings. In this case, you should waste no time and check your computer with reputable anti-spyware. In addition, make sure you follow these steps:
How to remove Rapid-Searcher.com from computer?
If you want to get rid of Rapid-Searcher.com, scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or other powerful anti-spyware. Remember that only updated versions can help you find malicious files and remove them from the system!
Once you finish a scan and remove malicious entries, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Rapid Searcher and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Rapid Searcher and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.