Raving Reyven is classified as an adware-type program. Despite its legitimate appearance, this potentially unwanted program seeks to make people visit predetermined sites and increase their page rank. So, although Raving Reyven is promoted as a useful tool, which allegedly helps online shoppers to find better offers and promotions, many people are complaining about this application after they decide to install it. This potentially unwanted program can hardly deliver what it promises because Raving Reyven redirects to unknown sites and causes irritating pop-ups, in-text ads, search ads and other sponsored links. If you want to avoid visiting dubious and unfamiliar websites, you should remove Raving Reyven from the system. Note that it can be installed without a direct people's permission asked as some free addition of freeware or shareware.
How can Raving Reyven infiltrate my computer?
Users can easily download and install this program directly from the internet, but don't say we didn't warn you about this dubious program. However, in most of the cases Raving Reyven infiltrates computers without user's direct permission. This distribution method is called bundling and is possible with the help of free programs/games/apps, which are downloaded frequently every day. Free and downloadable programs are the best medium for transmitting questionable extensions, such as Raving Reyven. So, how can you avoid such potentially unwanted extensions? Firstly, you should read the terms of installation policy section before installation. Secondly, select advanced or custom installation option if you have your doubts about the program you are about to install. Thirdly, follow the entire process step by step and opt out of any additional accessories you don't want.
How to remove Raving Reyven virus from my computer?
Sometimes such and similar potentially unwanted programs infiltrate systems unnoticed. Don't worry, you need only to uninstall this adware from your computer without wasting the time. By the way, you also should scan your system with reliable anti-spyware in order to make sure that everything is fine.
Follow these steps to remove Raving Reyven virus from your PC:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Rock Turner or similar name.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
After that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the 'Gear” icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- When 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings' window appears, check the 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click OK to save these changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on 'Firefox' button.
- Then go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Open Google Chrome and click on menu button.
- As soon as 'Settings' window appears, click on 'Show advanced settings'
- Scroll down until you find 'Reset browser settings' button and click 'Reset'.
- Restart Google Chrome to save changes.
Finally, scan your computer with the reliable anti-spyware and make sure that it's free of malicious files and programs. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.