Related Readings ads is one of these browser extensions that keep bothering computer users right now. If you see such advertisements once you open a new tab, it means that your PC is infected with adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program). Those who have this program on their computers will agree that Related Readings shows its ads no matter which browser you use. That's because it is set to add its add-on to all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and others. However, Related Readings Ads can't harm your computer in any way. It's just the annoying application, which shows its advertisements in a form of underlined words and text boxes. If you want to get rid of these things, you have to remove Related Readings add-on from the system. You should also don't forget to get rid of this freeware, which downloaded this program on your machine.
WHY DO I SEE RELATED READINGS ADS?
Related Readings ads can show up once you install freeware/shareware on your computer. Sometimes it happens with user's knowledge, but sometimes it may happen without an appropriate permission asked. In this case, it's very important to pay more attention to the installation of such programs as Download Managers, PDF creators and similar applications. Note that 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom may be involved to its distribution. If you were tricked into downloading Related Readings on your computer, note that you can get rid of its ads with a help of this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE RELATED READINGS ADS?
If you see continuous pop-up ads that belong to Related Readings, you are not infected. However, you need to uninstall it because it won't stop showing its ads for you. First of all, we recommend scanning computer with updated anti-spyware. Try using Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Reimage for that. As soon as you remove malicious entries from the system, look for this program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Related Readings and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
TIP: Uninstall these programs as well to get rid of Related Readings for good: LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, SuperLyrics-1, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Related Readings, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Related Readings, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Related Readings, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine