ResultsBay is a very annoying application that we recommend not to install. This dubious application is supported by advertisements, therefore, it is free and you can easily download it. However, you should know more information about ResultsBay before you decide to install it. First of all, well-known and reliable security vendors recognize similar ad-supported programs as adwares and potential threats. Secondly, ResultsBay may violate your privacy by tracking your online presence. Usually, this information is used for various commercial reasons. Unfortunately, we can not guarantee that this valuable information will not be used for wrong reasons. Thirdly, these programs may enter your computer without even asking for your permission. Finally, ResultsBay may negatively affect your internet browser and cause it to work more slowly.
How can ResultsBay hijack my computer?
If you see ResultsBay ads and you have no idea why these ads are popping out of nowhere, you should check your recently installed programs. This dubious extension may travel together with freewares, sharewares and other free programs that you can easily download from the internet. ResultsBay virus may find even the smallest gap in your security system and infiltrate your computer. This program has only one purpose, and that purpose is advertising. ResultsBay ads can ruin your browsing experience every time when you start your browsing session. In fact, this program is promoted as a useful tool that should enhance your browsing experience. Unfortunately, that is yet another unfair marketing trick in order to distribute this useless plug-in. That is why you should carefully choose what free programs you want to install. Always check whether your desired program has no unwanted attachments, and if it does, unmark these extra accessories.
How to remove ResultsBay virus from my computer?
If you read the terms of agreement section of this questionable extension, you will clearly see that it is yet another adware-type program: “The Software (ResultsBay) is supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser, including, without limitation, search-related ads, banner and video ads, in-text ads and links, transitional, interstitial and full page ads.”. Therefore, if you do not want to suffer from annoying advertisements, act now and remove this unwanted program. These simple steps will help you:
- Uninstall ResultsBay from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ResultsBay or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for ResultsBay or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.