Rextrk.com are misleading notifications that may try to trick you into downloading some sort of useless application or to make you visit an unsafe website. If you don't want to get in trouble, you should avoid clicking these notifications. Usually, Rextrk.com is recognized as an advertising platform that helps to transmit various advertisements. However, sometimes this platform may be used for wrong reasons. As far as we know, if Rextrk.com related adware infects your system, your computer screen may be flooded with annoying advertisements. This advertising platform only seeks to redirect you to affiliate websites and to make easy money from advertising. If you see strange pop-ups, questionable update propositions, and Rextrk.com redirects you to dubious websites, act now and scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program.
How can Rextrk.com hijack my computer?
This potentially unwanted program usually relies on a distribution method called bundling. In fact, you should be extra careful if you have decided to install an unfamiliar free program. That is because freewares and other free third-party programs may be bundled with Rextrk.com virus. It is the easiest and the most popular distribution method among adwares and potentially unwanted programs. Therefore, once you see Rextrk.com ads, you should check your recently installed programs. Usually, the reason why you see these ads out of nowhere is a freeware, which had Rextrk.com virus as an attachment. That is why we always recommend closely checking every single program that you want to install. Don't rush the installation process and look for unwanted attachments that you could uncheck. If you fail to do that, you may suffer from Rextrk.com redirects and various advertisements every single time when you open your browser.
How to remove Rextrk.com virus from my computer?
Don't worry if this pesky intruder infiltrated your system. These infiltrations are very common because many internet users fail to check if the program that they are going to install is safe enough. These simple steps, submitted by our security experts, will help you to remove Rextrk.com virus:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Rextrk.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Rextrk.com, FLV Player, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Zombie Alert, Wajam, Coupon Server, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. These anti-spyware programs will help you to protect your PC all the time.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Rextrk.com, and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.