What is RingtoneFanatic Toolbar?
You should not believe in various promises that free browser plug-ins, add-ons, toolbars or extensions offer because they seldom fulfill them. This time, we would like to introduce RingtoneFanatic Toolbar that belongs to potentially unwanted program (PUP) category and tries to intrigue users claiming that it will provide access to free ringtone downloads, allow users to create their own ringtones, and so on. At the moment of writing, such and similar toolbars, including MyWeddingAdviser Toolbar, MyTransitGuide Toolbar, JokeFanatic Toolbar and others are actively spreading around the Internet.
Each of them acts in the same way and basically seeks to promote third party websites and increase their rank. If you have already noticed ask.com instead your default search engine, homepage and RingtoneFanatic Toolbar at the top of the page, there is not doubt that have accepted to install this toolbar on your PC. Please avoid using this search site because it’s related to third parties and may deliver altered search results. This may not only disrupt your usual web browsing but may also make you visit sponsored web pages. You may or may not known that sponsor’s websites are not checked, what means that the content on them may vary from reliable to doubtful. Due to this, RingtoneFanatic Toolbar developers warn users that:
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds, and/or content. […] MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. MS has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that MS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
By the way, RingtoneFanatic Toolbar may slow down your computer, display various commercial ads and collect non-personally identifiable information related to your browsing habits. Thus, you should weight all pros and cons and decide whether you really need this toolbar. If in the end you decide to get rid of it, RingtoneFanatic Toolbar removal instructions are provided in the Page2.
How can RingtoneFanatic Toolbar enter the system?
Similarly to other PUPs, RingtoneFanatic Toolbar travels along with various freewares and sharewares. Usually, its installer is not disclosed properly. Therefore, users fall into installing it without being aware of such a program at all. It is impossible to list all programs that carry this toolbar alongside and that’s why you should carefully install every freeware.
- By the way, avoid Quick or Basic installation option because it may not notify what ‘optional downloads’ are traveling alongside and may install them by default.
- Instead, opt for Advanced or Custom installation option and monitor the entire process carefully. Specifically, look for check boxes that seem to be out of context and promote various programs that you are not familiar with. It is advisable to stay away from various browser add-ons, plug-ins, toobars or extensions because most frequently they appear to be ad-supported or sponsored by third parties. If you want to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar, you can do that by using the guide provided on the next page.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of RingtoneFanatic Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar?
Since RingtoneFanatic Toolbar is a questionable application, which instead of promised service may implement a whole range of additional activities, you should carefully consider whether you need it or not. If you are determined to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar, you can use this guide:
- Uninstall programs that are related to RingtoneFanatic Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for RingtoneFanatic Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (RingtoneFanatic, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.