What is Running Fanatic Toolbar?
Running Fanatic Toolbar is yet another dubious application created by Mindspark Interactive. The very fact that this application has been created by this company signals that it needs to be removed as soon as possible. This developer has already created tens of suspicious app, including SparkleBox Toolbar, SmartBar Toolbar, JokeFanatic Toolbar and many others. Be aware that such and similar toolbars usually appear to be stubborn programs and may initiate various unwanted operations on user’s computer. Regarding Running Fanatic Toolbar, it’s worth mentioning that it may infiltrate your computer bundled with another freeware. It may be introduced as an app that may inform people about coming marathons and provide training advice. Unfortunately, once installed Running Fanatic Toolbar may replace your start page, search provider, and a new tab within Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and may start initiating a serious havoc during your browsing. It may set Ask as your default homepage, search provider and you may not be allowed to restore your web browser’s settings. This way, it may provide you with altered search results and may flood you with annoying commercial advertisements. Running Fanatic Toolbar redirects are employed to make you visit predetermined websites and increase income for its developers. We highly DO NOT recommend clicking on the links provided by this search site because you may be redirected to suspicious third-party website and expose your PC to suspicious or even malicious content. By the way, Running Fanatic may also track you and collect personally non-identifiable information about your browsing habits. To prevent information leakage, system slowdowns, redirects to suspicious websites and similar issues, we recommend you to remove Running Fanatic Toolbar using a reliable anti-spyware.
How can Running Fanatic Toolbar infiltrate my computer?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of Running Fanatic Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove Running Fanatic Toolbar?
- Uninstall programs that are related to Running Fanatic Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Running Fanatic Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Running Fanatic Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.