What is Search.offersbar.com?
Search.offersbar.com is a search site that you should avoid because it may try to redirect you to questionable websites that spread questionable programs. Of course, we must agree that sometimes avoiding this search engine is really hard because it may start appearing on each of your web browsers every time you reboot your computer. If you noticed that Search.offersbar.com has already taken over your start page and default search engine, you should remember that it may show you altered search results. This is done for a very simple reason – this search site is used for promoting related websites and increasing their page rank or sales. In order to get rid of Search.offersbar.com redirects, scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove all potentially unwanted programs from the system. Of course, you should also don't forget to return your browsers' settings back to normal.
How can Search.offersbar.com hijack my computer?
Search.offersbar.com virus can easily appear on your browsers without any permission asked because it is spread using bundling. This distribution method is quite popular among such search engines as this one. However, you can avoid it without working hard. For that you just need to start paying more attention to freeware's installation and uncheck those check marks that agree with changes in the start page and default search engine. So, when downloading your next freeware, make sure you choose Custom or Advanced installation. In addition, carefully read every detail that is given during program's installation and opt out of unfamiliar search sites and default search engines. If you have already allowed Search.offersbar.com's installation, you can remove it with a help of these steps:
How to remove Search.offersbar.com?
Search.offersbar.com redirects and other unwanted activities is a sign showing that your computer was affected. Fortunately, it's not hard to fix it. You just need to follow these easy steps:
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. For that, we recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Search.offersbar.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Offersbar Toolbar, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and remove them.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Search.offersbar.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar add-ons and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Search.offersbar.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select suspicious extensions and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Search.offersbar.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.