SearchFoot is yet another doubtful program that is presenting itself as legitimate browser extension. However, after installing it on the system, it becomes obvious that this program may start initiating uncontrollable pop-ups and sponsored messages in order to drive traffic to its affiliate websites. By the way, if you its read terms of agreement, you can easily see that SearchFoot is yet another adware-type program: “The Software (SearchFoot) is supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser, including, without limitation, search-related ads, banner and video ads, in-text ads and links, transitional, interstitial and full page ads…” In other words, SearchFoot will hardly improve your browsing experience and the only thing that you will definitively receive is tons of annoying advertisements. Moreover, this program may act as a tracking cookie; it may collect your browsing information with the intention to use this data for advertising. That's why we highly recommend you to remove it from the system.
How can SearchFoot hijack my computer?
You can easily download this useless program directly from its official website. However, you should think twice before doing so. There is also another method how you can add this unwanted program to your system. This method is very popular among cyber criminals, and it is called bundling. Free programs, games, and applications are often filled with potentially unwanted accessories, such as SearchFoot. In order to protect your system from them, you should don't forget what has to be done when trying to avoid 'additional downloads'. First of all, if you are installing a doubtful program, avoid basic, quick or recommended installation. Instead of that you should select advanced or custom installation method and follow the entire installation process one step at a time. Finally, check the whole installation process closely and opt out of any questionable extensions, such as SearchFoot.
How to remove SearchFoot from my computer?
In order to avoid SearchFoot virus, you should always use reliable and legitimate anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. In addition to that, follow these steps and remove SearchFoot virus from your computer:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to SearchFoot:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SearchFoot and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware. In this case, you should choose Reimage.