What is SearchFort?
SearchFort is labeled as a browser hijacker that may enter your computer behind your back and completely ruin your browsing experience. We have noticed that this hijacker is endorsed as a helpful program that allegedly should protect your browser from unwanted modifications. However, it looks like the reality is a bit different. In fact, it looks like SearchFort may change your home page and your default search engine without your direct approval. That is why this potentially unwanted program is labeled as a hijacker. Besides, if this dubious intruder is already hiding in your system, you should notice annoying SearchFort ads. Furthermore, if you are going to use SearchFort as you main search engine, you may be completely disappointed. That is because this program was designed to display search results with tons of advertisements in them and try to redirect you to an affiliate website.
How can SearchFort hijack my computer?
You should be very careful because SearchFort virus may travel as an additional accessory together with free programs. In fact, such deceptive method is often used in order to transmit similar hijackers, adwares and potentially unwanted programs. Internet users are usually not attentive enough when it comes to installing free programs. It is hard to tell what may hide behind these doubtful programs and what additional attachments these programs may carry. Avoid installing unfamiliar freewares without checking if these programs are safe enough. If you fail to notice SearchFort redirect virus, you may experience unwanted consequences. If you do not want that to happen, always choose 'custom' installation option and follow the entire process one step at a time.
How to remove SearchFort from my computer?
Follow these simple guidelines and eliminate SearchFort hijacker from your computer. Do not suffer from annoying advertisements every time when you start your browsing session.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to SearchFort:
- You should also scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that, we recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SearchFort, MySearch, SW_Booster, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, CouponsBar, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, BitGuard, BrowserProtect, Gol-Search Chrome Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, Delta Chrome Toolbar, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and remove them.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove SearchFort and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar add-ons and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate SearchFort and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select suspicious extensions and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate SearchFort by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.