Searchy.easylifeapp.com (also known as Easy LifeApp Search) is a search engine, which is mostly labeled as a browser hijacker. That's because it infiltrates computers unnoticeably and then starts initiating such annoying activities as redirects to unknown sites and continuous pop-up ads. Once it hijacks web browsers (this program is capable of hijacking different browsers at once), it alters home page and default search engine. We have also noticed that this hijacker is closely related to Search.easylifeapp.com and Easy Life App that have already been mentioned on our website. All these programs have one and only purpose, and that purpose is to make money from advertising. If you were forced to use Searchy.easylifeapp.com or Search.easylifeapp.com websites as your default search engine or homepage, beware that they may return for you altered search results that are filled with dubious advertisements and other commercial content.
How can Searchy.easylifeapp.com appear on my browsers?
Usually, people discover Searchy.easylifeapp.com virus on their computers right after the installation of EasyLife App that has been mentioned in our previous articles. However, we can find tens of other applications that travel bundled with this browser hijacker. Therefore, you should be very careful when downloading programs from the web. In order to protect your computer from such and similar intruders, you should remember some simple rules. First of all, you should avoid questionable programs that promise to improve your computer's work and similar things. Secondly, closely check every doubtful program for additional downloads, such as Searchy.easylifeapp.com. For that you should select advanced or custom installation method and monitor the entire installation process. Finally, opt out of any unwanted/suspicious applications, toolbars, plug-ins, add-ons that it may offer for you.
How to remove Searchy.easylifeapp.com redirects?
If you see Searchy.easylifeapp.com instead of your home page and default search engine, you should check your recently installed programs. Look for EasyLife App or another doubtful programs and remove them. In order to remove Searchy.easylifeapp.com, you need to follow these instructions:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Searchy.easylifeapp.com virus:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as EasyLife App, Searchy.easylifeapp.com, etc.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for EasyLife App, Searchy.easylifeapp.com or similar entries and click 'uninstall'.
- Now open Internet Explorer, click on the 'Settings' icon and choose 'Manage Addons'.
- Go to 'Search Providers' and change your default search engine to Bing or Google;
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange Mozilla button and select add-ons.
- Here, choose 'Extensions’ tab, select EasyLife App, Searchy.easylifeapp.com and other unknown extensions.
- Click the 'Remove button and restart the browser.
- Now open Mozilla Firefox once more, go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Startup and select 'Show a blank page' when Firefox Starts or set a certain website, like Google or similar.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Settings' -> 'Basics' -> 'Manage Search engines'.
- Here, look for EasyLife App, Searchy.easylifeapp.com and other unknown entries and remove them.
- Now go 'Settings' -> 'Open blank page'.