SearchYa is a search page that can surprisingly change your favorite browsers and initiate various activities on its target PC. It comes from legitimate company and it seems to be safe. However, sometimes it annoys users with its services that try to replace typical browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. You can also know it from the SearchYa toolbar that seems to be nothing else but similarly-designed copy of Google or Yahoo search engines. This toolbar will also include various shortcuts and buttons that may lead users to unwanted web services.
WHERE SearchYa COMES FROM?
Typically, you can download SearchYa manually or together with third-party software as an extra item. In order to avoid this, you should pay you attention to their list or simply use a custom install option. When inside, SearchYa tends to set itself as the default. According to users, every time you open a new tab, you find SearchYa as your search engine. Sometimes it may redirect you to commercial websites or interrupt with its pop-up ads.
HOW CAN I UNINSTALL SearchYa?
The biggest issue when trying to remove SearchYa Toolbar, is that sometimes users can't find it in the Add/Remove Programs list. Try following these steps:
- Go to Start->Control Panel->Add Remove programs
- Select “searchya Web Search” and click on Remove.
- Click on the “firefox” button located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Add-ons” (located in the right side of the menu
- On the left side bar choose “Extensions”
- look for “Searchya” add-on, on the right side you have 3 buttons, press “remove” or “disable”
If SearchYa on your browser's start page, follow these steps:
In Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools and then click Internet Options.
- When on General tab, click Restore to Default.
In Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the orange “Firefox” button on the top left then click Options.
- On General tab, click Restore to Default.
In Google Chrome:
- Click on the Wrench icon (top of browser) and go to “Settings”
- When on “Appearance” section, check the “Show Home button” option
- Click on “Change” and select “Use the New Tab page”.