What is SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor?
SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor (can also be found as Security And Shopping Advisor) is a program that may look to you like a useful application. It not only promises to help people avoid viruses and malware. It also says that it can also help them get rid of annoying pop-up windows that appear during their browsing. However, before you download it on your computer, you should try to find more information about the developer of this program. Already did that and found noting? So did we. This clearly shows that you should be very careful with SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor and remove it from the system before it's not too late. By the way, just like many other potentially unwanted programs it can show up on your computer without downloading it there. If that is the case, scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware.
How can SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor hijack my computer?
Security And Shopping Advisor can be installed without any permission asked. In most of the cases, it shows up on the system after Obrona BlockAds enters it. This program has already been included to our blog because of its continuous pop-up notifications, redirects and other questionable activities. When trying to avoid Security And Shopping Advisor virus, you have to remember that Custom or Advanced installation option when downloading freeware from the web is a must. Also, follow each installation step of the program that you are installing on your computer and opt out of SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor. If you noticed SASAService.exe or, SASAServiceHelper.exe processes running in your Task Manager, it's a sign that your PC was affected behind your back. You should think twice before leaving this program installed on the system because you can never know what purposes it can be used for.
How to remove SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor virus?
If you started noticing suspicious ads, redirects, slow downs and similar issues, it's a sign that your PC was affected by adware or browser hijacker. You can make sure that it's safe by scanning your PC with Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. In addition to that, remove SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor with a help of these steps:
- Remove SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor, Obrona BlockAds (Publisher: Red Sky, LLC) or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor, Obrona BlockAds and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor or Obrona BlockAds, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like SecurityAndShoppingAdvisor or Obrona BlockAds and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.