SerialTrunc is one of these programs that can be installed on computers unconsciously. It belongs to 'adware' category and spreads around in a bundle with free downloads. If you have recently downloaded Youtube Downloader HD or Fast Free Converter from the Internet, you may installed this program on your computer as well. The clearest sign, showing that SerialTrunc is installed on your machine, is its ads, advertisement banners and sponsored links that show up as soon as you open Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. If you noticed them, you should remember that these ads are displayed for commercial reasons and if you want to get rid of them, you should remove SerialTrunc from the system.
How can SerialTrunc appear on my computer?
SerialTrunc is spread with a help of freeware and shareware. This way of distribution is usually called bundling but you can avoid it by monitoring freeware's installation and unchecking the check box that says that you agree to install SerialTrunc and other adware. As soon as it enters the system, this program installs its own extension on all web browsers and starts causing continuous advertisements. If you noticed underlined words, pop-up ads and boxes that are filled with various coupons, this program may be inside your computer as well. However, you only need to follow these simple instructions and you can remove it from the system:
How to remove SerialTrunc adware?
If you want to remove SerialTrunc pop-up ads and start using your PC as previously, you should remove this adware from the system. For that we recommend following these steps:
- Uninstall SerialTrunc via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for SerialTrunc and other recently installed free applications and uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove SerialTrunc from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall SerialTrunc and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find SerialTrunc and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for SerialTrunc and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.