Severe Weather Alerts is an application that shows weather forecasts and climate changes in your area. There are two versions of this program. Pro version (cost $9.99) and the ad-supported version (free version). In this article, we are describing the ad-supported version. As you can imagine, Severe Weather Alerts (ad-supported version) program may display annoying advertisements everywhere you go and completely ruin your browsing experience. That is why many security vendors are labeling this program as an adware. In fact, if you want to enjoy the free services that this program is offering, you may have to endure tons of annoying ads and redirects. Not to mention that this program is capable of tracking your online activities. Usually, similar ad-supported programs may track your online habits in order to transfer this information to third-parties for various commercial reasons. Unfortunately, Severe Weather Alerts application is not an exception.
How can Severe Weather Alerts hijack my computer?
In order to know how to prevent Severe Weather Alerts ads from appearing and how to remove this program, you should know how similar ad-supported programs may enter your computer. First of all, you can easily download Severe Weather Alerts virus from its website. As far as we know, this adware may also travel as an extra attachment together with free programs, such as Download Accelerator 1.5, YouTube Downloader, Free HD Video Player 2.1, etc. Lucky, developers of Severe Weather Alerts adware are quite honest about their creation, and that it is supported by advertisements. However, you should careful check every single program that you want to install because you may add this program accidentally. This program is not a malicious infection, therefore, you should have no problems removing it.
How to remove Severe Weather Alerts from my computer?
Check you recently installed programs and remove Severe Weather Alerts from your computer. These simple steps will help you to remove this application:
- Remove Severe Weather Alerts from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Severe Weather Alerts or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Severe Weather Alerts or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.