Share Anything is yet another deceiving application that may totally annoy and disappoint you. Developers of this program are claiming that this app should help you to share files thru various social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. for free. Sounds like a great feature, does it? Unfortunately, developers of such programs like Share Anything are not always telling the entire truth. First of all, this program is completely free. Therefore, in order to monetize from Share Anything application, its developers are closely cooperating with various advertisers. In other words, this program is recognized as an adware-type application that may flood you with advertisements and track your online activities.
How can Share Anything hijack my computer?
This program is promoted as a useful app; therefore, you can easily download Share Anything virus from its official website. Nonetheless, in order to use its free services, you may have to endure annoying advertisements popping-out everywhere. You should also be careful when installing such freewares as Download Manager, Free MP3 Player, File Converter and similar programs. That is because Share Anything may travel as an extra attachment together with such freewares. There are a couple of precautions that you could take in order to protect your computer from similar intruders. Firstly, get yourself a reliable anti-spyware program. Secondly, always make sure that programs that you are going to install are safe enough. Thirdly, if you are installing a doubtful freeware, always select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and unmark all suspicious attachments if there are any.
How to remove Share Anything virus?
This program is recognized as a potential threat. In worst case scenario, Share Anything ads may redirect you to an unsafe website, which may end up in a virus infection. Follow these guidelines and do not let that happen.
- Remove Share Anything from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Share Anything, or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.