Sharp Savings ads and redirects may completely ruin your browsing experience and even initiate privacy-related issues. This plug-in is yet another useless program that is promoted as a shopping helper. It promises to help you save some money by displaying coupons, discounts and comparison deals for your desired items. Unfortunately, we can hardly name a single person who has managed to save money while using Sharp Savings. Even the most reliable anti-spyware programs recognize this questionable program as a potential threat. That is because Sharp Savings may intentionally track your browsing activities and use this information for commercial reasons. Therefore, don't be surprised if your computer screen is flooded with tons of advertisements, instead of useful coupons.
How can Sharp Savings hijack my computer?
It looks like this questionable application may affect only Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome users. Moreover, it is known that Sharp Savings virus is traveling together with freewares, sharewares and other free applications. Internet is filled with such programs, therefore, you should be very careful what websites you are visiting and what programs you are downloading. If you do not have a reliable anti-spyware program installed on your system, your computer is like a sitting duck for such pesky intruders. Try to check every single program that you are going to install and unmark such dubious attachments as Sharp Savings. If you are attentive enough, you can easily protect your computer without even breaking a sweat. You should also read end-user license agreement (EULA) section before you have started the installation. Remember this; free programs are usually supported by advertising. That is how their developers are making money.
How to remove Sharp Savings from my computer?
This application is completely useless. We recommend removing it as soon as possible. Follow the removal tutorial and safely remove Sharp Savings virus:
- Uninstall Sharp Savings from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Sharp Savings, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Sharp Savings or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.