Shop-wit is another program that is actively used for monetization. For that, this program causes continuous pop-up ads that are filled with price comparisons, warnings about great deals and other content. Once victim clicks on such ad, Shop-wit redirects him/her to its affiliate site. The most important thing is that you can't know what site you will be redirected to. Also, you can't be sure that Shop-wit virus won't trick you into downloading other questionable programs on the system. If you want to avoid that, you should try to avoid its ads, banners, in-text ads and other commercial content that is caused by this program. If you think that it has already affected your computer, you can solve this by checking it with reputable anti-spyware.
How can Shop-wit hijack my PC system?
Just like any other adware-type application, Shop-wit hijacks systems without an appropriate permission asked. Be sure that it can easily infiltrate your computer in a bundle with such cost-free programs as download managers, PDF creators and video recording software. So, when downloading such programs on the system, try to double check them and read every comment that is published on the Internet. Also, choose Custom/Advanced installation to get more ability to monitor its installation and opt out of 'optional downloads', such as Shop-wit virus. If you leave the check mart that allows installation of this or other adware, you may notice various issues on your computer. Please, do NOT ignore them and scan your PC with reputable security software to get rid of Shop-wit virus.
How to remove Shop-wit virus?
The first sign, which may indicate that this potentially unwanted program is already in your system, is continuous ads that are labeled 'brought to you by Shop-wit', 'Shop-wit ads', 'ads by Shop-wit', etc. If you noticed them, don't waste your time and check your PC with reputable anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. Also, follow this step-by-step removal tutorial.
- Remove Shop-wit from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Shop-wit, LessToPay, SmartSaver, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove LessToPay extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for Shop-wit and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find Shop-wit and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for Shop-wit or similar unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.