What is ShopHelper?
ShopHelper is a misleading web browser add-on, which is used for various questionable and totally annoying activities. When inside the system, this program causes lots of commercial pop-up ads, displays banners and initiates other unwanted things. Many people have already installed ShopHelper on the system thinking that is can help them save the money. However, before you start clicking on its ads thinking that it will show you a site filled with promising prices, you should try to realize the real intentions of ShopHelper. In most of the cases, this adware seeks to promote affiliate websites and earn the money for its creators. That's why it may show you misleading ads that have nothing to do with deals that are listed in them. Please, be very careful with ShopHelper redirects because you can never know what site you may be redirected to.
How can ShopHelper hijack my computer?
ShopHelper can be installed from various download sites, including download.com, cnet and similar. However, before you download this program on the system, think about activities that we have already mentioned. By the way, this program can be downloaded in a bundle with various third party programs, such as download managers, PDF creators and similar software. For preventing infiltration of ShopHelper virus, you need to be focused on the installation process of questionable freeware. For that you should not only read reviews about freeware before installing it on the system. You should also choose Custom or Advanced installation and then opt out of every optional download that may be offered to you during installation. If you want to delete ShopHelper from the system, please follow these steps:
How to remove ShopHelper virus?
If you have already been tricked into downloading ShopHelper on your computer, you can remove without having lots of problems. First of all, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware (we recommend Reimage or Malwarebytes for that) and then follow these steps:
- Remove ShopHelper from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ShopHelper Generic or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove ShopHelper extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as ShopHelper and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as ShopHelper and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like ShopHelper and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.