ShopperFriend is a doubtful program that may make unwanted changes on your browser and initiate random pop-up advertisements. Because of these commercial activities that are typically initiated behind its victim's back, many people have labeled ShopperFriend a virus. Im reality, it's just a potentially unwanted program, which causes continuous pop-up ads, redirects and similar issues for PC users. If ShopperFriend hijacks your browser, it may flood you with tons of irritating pop-ups, in-text ads, search ads and other sponsored links. These advertisements may follow you no matter what site you enter. Moreover, this questionable program may act as a tracking cookie in order to use your private browsing information for targeted advertising. Even the most reliable and well-known anti-spyware programs recognize this program as a potential threat, so you should be very careful and avoid this program. If you are noticing random ads that are labeled as “Ads by ShopperFriend”, “ShopperFriend Deals”, “Powered by ShopperFriend”, “Brought to you by ShopperFriend”, don't waste the time and remove this suspicious program from the system.
How can ShopperFriend hijack my computer?
Internet users are often tricked into installing such programs on their computers. ShopperFriend may also trick you into thinking that it can help you save money while purchasing items online. Moreover, developers of ShopperFriend virus are often using unfair marketing and distribution tricks. You can also download this application after installing a doubtful freeware from the Internet because free programs are often carrying such unwanted attachments as ShopperFriend. In order to avoid them, you should be very careful when downloading unfamiliar programs and check their trustworthiness before installation. Also, opt out of any extra attachments and don't click the next button all the time if you are installing a doubtful program because you may overlook and install ShopperFriend extension on it.
How to remove ShopperFriend pop-up virus?
If you are suffering from ShopperFriend redirects, it means that this dubious program was added to your system. Don't worry, sometimes this unwanted intruder may enter systems unnoticed. In order to remove ShopperFriend virus, follow these guidelines:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to BrowseBurst:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ShopperFriend and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.