ShoppingAdd-On is another web browser plugin that is supposed to improve people's browsing experience and help them save the money. It is compatible with all web browsers, so it modifies Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox as soon as it is installed on the system. However, it is not as good as it sounds… ShoppingAdd-On can easily initiate serious problems for its user because it can be used for tracking people's browsing experience. Officially, it collects data about people's mostly-visited websites, information that is entered on them, etc. However, noone knows what third parties can connect to this data and what businesses it can be used for.. By the way, when having this program installed on your computer, you may also notice ShoppingAdd-On redirects, slow downs and similar issues. For avoiding them, we highly recommend eliminating this program from computer.
How can ShoppingAdd-On hijack my computer?
ShoppingAdd-On can be installed from the Internet as a valuable program that reports about the latest discounts, coupons and other great deals. However, there are hundreds of people who have already decided to uninstall it from the system because of its annoying pop-up ads, redirects and similar annoying activities. By the way, just like any other potentially unwanted program, ShoppingAdd-On virus has ability to hijack systems unnoticed. It does that with a help of third party software that is typically filled with various add-ons, toolbars, plugins and other optional downloads. If you want to avoid them, you have to pay more attention to the installation of various download managers, PDF creators and similar software. We always recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation for that.
How to remove ShoppingAdd-On?
To make things clear, we must say that ShoppingAdd-On is not a virus or malware. However, no matter that it can't pose harm to your computer, it may initiate privacy related issues. By the way, you may also notice that you can't avoid its ads, redirects and slow downs. If you are annoyed by this program, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove ShoppingAdd-On from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ShoppingAdd-On or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for ShoppingAdd-On or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.