What is Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014?
Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware that should never be trusted. No matter how trustworthy its warnings look, you must keep in mind that they are invented and used for the only thing – trick you into believing that you need to buy a licensed version of this program. Of course, this version is useless and should never be purchased. If you started seeing Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 alerts, you should think have you ever downloaded this program to your computer. We can say in advance that the answer is 'No'. In most of the cases, it is installed using unfair and malicious techniques, such as infected email attachments, fake alerts, illegal programs, etc. As soon as this rogue anti-spyware infects the system, it starts displaying misleading scanners and then reports about hundreds of different viruses. Please, do NOT believe these warnings because they are showed only for scaring you into believing that your PC is infected. Yes, it is infected but the only real virus is Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014. You should remove it ASAP because keeping it on the system can lead you to various issues. Beware that such threats can easily infect the system with other cyber threats, try to steal personally identifiable information and initiate other malicious activities. For avoiding that, you should run a full system scan with Reimage and delete malicious files that belong to this and other threats.
How can Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 infect my computer?
It's not hard to get infected with such virus as Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 if your computer is not protected by reputable anti-spyware. That's why we highly recommend installing previously mentioned program or other reputable anti-spyware on the system. Also, you should stay away from those pop-up notifications that claim that you need to update your Flash Player, Java, FLV Player, Download manager and similar programs. If such alert showed up to you while browsing on the web, it might be fake. Scammers have been actively using such alerts for tricking people into downloading various adwares, browser hijackers, rogues and similar dangerous applications. By the way, you should also stay away from alerts offering you to check your computer with a 'free scanner' or a trail version of some powerful security software. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as 'free scanner'. It's just a method used for spreading such rogue anti-spywares as Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 virus. If you are suffering from such and similar alerts, it means that your computer has already been infected:
Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 Alert
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Please, stay away from these alerts because they are fake. In order to get rid of them, you should follow a guide below and fix your computer. Please, select Automatic removal option because by removing malicious files manually you may remove wrong files and may lead your PC to damage.
How to remove Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 virus?
If your computer is infected by Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 virus, you should remember that it is a serious cyber threat. In order to remove it, we recommend you to select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoid manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Sirius Win 8 Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.