What is Sirius XP Protection 2014?
Sirius XP Protection 2014 is the latest rogue anti-spyware, which is used for stealing people's money. It may trick you into believing that your PC is seriously infected and that you need to purchase its licensed version. Of course, paying for it is the same and throwing your money away because Sirius XP Protection 2014 has no virus database, so it is not capable of detecting or eliminating viruses. In addition, when having this rogue on the system, you can notice not only its annoying scanners and warning messages reporting about hundreds of different threats. It can also initiate slow downs, infect system with other threats and even start recording your keyboard's keystrokes. This is done for a very simple aim – trying to steal personal information, such as logins, passwords, banking data, etc. That's why you should never ignore Sirius XP Protection 2014's warning messages. If you started seeing them, it's a sign that you must scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage. This will help you to remove this and other cyber infections. Of course, you should always keep such programs as SpyHunter updated if you want to prevent infiltration of rogues, adwares, hijackers and similar cyber threats.
How can Sirius XP Protection 2014 infect my computer?
Just like many other rogues, this virus relies on several techniques used to help it spread around. Be sure that these techniques can easily trick you into downloading Sirius XP Protection 2014 to your computer without even realizing that. The most popular method, which is used for spreading this rogue, relies on fake alerts. Some of them are designed to offer free system scanners, others are set to report about missing updates. If you have been informed that you need to update your Java, Flash Player or similar program, we hope that you didn't click such ad because such notifications have nothing to do with previously mentioned programs and companies that create them. These ads are usually used for spreading such suspicious programs as adwares, browser hijackers, rogue anti-spywares and similar threats. In addition, you should try to avoid all those alerts that are offering to check computer for free with a 'free scanner'. This is another trickery used for spreading rogues like this one. If you have clicked on such notification, you may have already noticed such and similar warnings:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Sirius XP Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Please, ignore such messages because they are fake and misleading. In reality, the only real virus that is hiding in your computer is Sirius XP Protection 2014.
How to remove Sirius XP Protection 2014 virus?
If your PC has already been affected by Sirius XP Protection 2014, you should select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and remove this rogue right away. We recommend this removal method because you will have to do only several steps. You will have to download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Sirius XP Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Sirius XP Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.