SlamDunkSavings is a plug-in for your browser that is promoted as a program that should display coupons and help you to save some money while you browse online stores. However, our database is filled with almost identical extensions that are completely useless. Furthermore, usually these extensions are labeled as adwares and potentially unwanted programs (PUP). In fact, SlamDunkSavings is relatively harmless, apart from irritating advertisements and tracking of your online presence. Hence, in worst case scenario, this application may redirect you to a corrupted website or convince you to download a malicious program and expose your computer to cyber criminals. If you do not want that to happen, remove this PUP as soon as possible.
How can SlamDunkSavings hijack my computer?
This dubious extension is compatible with all main browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Furthermore, it has a direct download page, where you can easily download SlamDunkSavings virus. However, that is not the only way how this untrustworthy application may end up on your PC. As far as we know, this adware may rely on freewares and shareware for its distribution. People rarely check what programs they are installing; therefore, sometimes similar intruders may slip unnoticed. If you do not want to add SlamDunkSavings virus unintentionally, you have to check all programs that you want to install. Don't be too hasty and don't rush the installation. Take some time and select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation method in order to follow every step of the installation. In order to stop SlamDunkSavings ads distracting you, read the removal tutorial down below.
How to remove SlamDunkSavings from my computer?
If you are tired of SlamDunkSavings redirects, don't waste time and remove this intruder right away. These simple instructions, submitted by our security experts will help you to eliminate this potential threat.
- Remove SlamDunkSavings from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SlamDunkSavings, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as SlamDunkSavings.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.