Smart Media Converter (also known as SmartMediaConverter) application may initiate unwanted activities behind your back and display various advertisements. Don't worry, this program can hardly pose you any threat, however, it has many flaws. Smart Media Converter is a program that helps to convert audio and video files. At first, it may seem like a reliable program, however, after a while, you may be completely annoyed by it. You can choose from two versions of this file converter. You can buy it and avoid all the unwanted advertisements, or you can download a free version. But, as we have mentioned above, the free version is supported by advertising, therefore, don't be surprised if you may be flooded with random ads. Moreover, Smart Media Converter virus may also act as a tracking cookie; it may track your software, hardware, and even your browsing activities. Usually, this information is used for commercial reasons, nevertheless, we can not guarantee that it will not be used for wrong reasons.
How can Smart Media Converter hijack my computer?
Usually, people download this application directly from its official website. However, you may add the ad-support version of Smart Media Converter without even noticing it. We have noticed that this application may travel bundled with other free programs. Because internet users may experience Smart Media Converter ads, this program is categorized as an adware. In order to protect your computer from unwanted advertisements or unwanted intruders (potentially unwanted programs, adwares, etc.), you should carefully check every single program that you need to install. Select advanced or custom installation method and attentively follow the entire installation process one step at a time. Along the way opt out of any doubtful attachments. Although Smart Media Converter is not a malicious program, the free version of this application can be very annoying.
How to remove Smart Media Converter from my system?
This program is very questionable, that is why we recommend not to install it. It may track your online activities for unknown reasons. Furthermore, it may display irritating advertisements every time when you open your browser. In order to enjoy its services, you may have to endure all these doubtful activities. If you want to get rid of Smart Media Converter ads, you will have to remove this program:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Uninstall Smart Media Converter or a freeware, which is related to it:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Smart Media Converter, PureLead, Search Assist, Zombie Alert, Wajam, Coupon Server, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Safe Saver, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Smart Media Converter, and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.