SmarterPcSolutions.net is a very questionable website that may work as an adware distributor and as an advertising platform. This advertising platform/download website is also related to a company that is called PerformerSoft. In fact, the website and this company is responsible for releasing and distributing such freewares as Audio Performer, PDF Performer, Codec Performer, Driver Performer, Media Performer, PC Performer, etc. All these programs are free, and you can easily download them. However, there is a catch. When installing such freewares, you may add a potentially unwanted programs or an adware as well. That is why you may see SmarterPCSolutions.net ads on your screen. We highly recommend NOT to download anything from SmarterPcSolutions.net or PerformerSoft.com websites because you may get an additional attachment that will totally ruin your browsing experience.
How can SmarterPcSolutions.net hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned above, SmarterPcSolutions.net virus may enter your computer with the installation of various freewares. These annoying ads may not only distract you, but you may get redirected to an unsafe website and expose your computer to various cyber threats. If you do not want to experience SmarterPcSolutions.net redirects, you should always check what programs you are installing and make sure whether these programs are safe enough. Try to avoid such freewares as PDF Performer, HD Video Codec, YouTube Downloader, Download Accelerator, etc. Usually, such freewares may travel bundled with ad-supported extensions in order to monetize from their free services. It is also recommended to have a reliable anti-spyware tool in order to protect your computer from outside threats.
How to stop SmarterPcSolutions.net pop-up ads from appearing on my screen?
You need to check your recently installed programs and try to find the freeware, which is related to this advertising platform. Follow these simple guidelines and get rid of SmarterPcSolutions.net virus.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to SmarterPcSolutions.net ads:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Audio Performer, PDF Performer, Codec Performer, Driver Performer, Media Performer, PC Performer, SmartSaver, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove the extension from your browsers, which is related to SmarterPcSolutions.net (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for Audio Performer, PDF Performer, Codec Performer, Driver Performer, Media Performer, PC Performer and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find Audio Performer, PDF Performer, Codec Performer, Driver Performer, Media Performer, PC Performer and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for Audio Performer, PDF Performer, Codec Performer, Driver Performer, Media Performer, PC Performer or similar unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.