Snappy Image is yet another useless application that may cause you many problems. Despite that this program looks innocent, there is much negative information about this plug-in. First of all, it may enter your computer very quietly and then hijack each of your browsers. After this infiltration stage is completed, it may start manipulating your browsing experience, flood you with annoying advertisements and redirect you to affiliate websites. Usually, these advertisements look like various pop-ups, coupons, banner-type ads, in-text ads, transitional ads, underlined keywords, and search-related ads. So, no matter that this questionable plug-in can barely harm your computer, you should think twice before installing it. Furthermore, after conducting a research, we have noticed that Snappy Image virus may be closely related to a well-known hijacker/doubtful search engine that is called Snappyimage.surfcanyon.com. If you noticed redirects to this site, you should check your PC with reputable anti-spyware.
How can Snappy Image hijack my computer?
If your home page/default search engine has been changed to Snappyimage.surfcanyon.com or other unfamiliar search site, you have been suffering from various advertisements, then you should be worried. If that is the case, you should check your recently installed programs because you may have installed Snappy Image virus on your computer in a bundle with some freeware, shareware or other third-party programs. This distribution method is very popular among adwares, potentially unwanted programs and other useless applications. That is why we always recommend having a reliable anti-spyware program that could help you avoid similar intruders and cyber threats. You should also closely check every single program that you are trying to install on your computer and select advanced or custom installation method. If you do so, you will have the opportunity to find more information about additional download and opt out of them.
How to remove Snappy Image virus from my computer?
Unfortunately, similar infiltrations are very common. Internet users from all around the world are suffering from them every single day. If Snappy Image redirects you to doubtful websites and you are constantly experiencing strange advertisements, act now and remove this useless plug-in from your computer:
- Uninstall Snappy Image from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Snappy Image.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Snappy Image and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Snappyimage.surfcanyon.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Snappy Image and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Snappyimage.surfcanyon.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, Snappy Image and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Snappyimage.surfcanyon.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.