What is SofotiProjects.com virus?
SofotiProjects.com virus is a potentially unwanted program that is actively spread around at this moment. It may convince you that it's a harmless browser add-on that is capable of improving your browsing on the Internet. Unfortunately, everything is not as harmless as it may look to you from the first sight. The most important thing that you should remember when dealing with this application is that it is capable of tricking people into downloading suspicious programs on their computers. SofotiProjects.com ads may trick you into downloading adware-type programs, browser hijackers and similar applications. No matter that they are not considered viruses, they should be avoided. Otherwise, you should expect more pop-up ads and similar inconveniences. That's why you should try to ignore all ads that report about missing updates for Flash Player, Java, one of your web browsers and similar programs. In addition, SofotiProjects.com virus may also be used for tracking people's browsing on the Internet. It may start collecting information about people's mostly visited sites, time that is spent on each if them, data that is entered and similar details. It seems that it may also record PC's IP address, its location and other useful information. Please, do NOT allow such activity on your computer because you can never know what people it may be sent to. If you want to get rid of SofotiProjects.com popups for good, you should follow a guide that is given down below.
How can SofotiProjects.com hijack my computer?
You can know that SofotiProjects.com virus has already hijacked your Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or other web browser if its ads have just started bothering you. As we have already said, you should try to avoid them and never fall into believing that they are displayed for helping you update our programs. In order to do that, you should visit their official websites. The way that is mostly used for spreading SofotiProjects.com-related adware is called bundling. There are lots of free applications that have been filled with such potentially unwanted programs because they can easily help their developers earn some easy money. So, you should be very careful when downloading freeware to your computer and always check what other people report about the program that you want to install. If they are complaining about various ads, redirects and similar issues, you should never download such program to your computer. If you want to avoid SofotiProjects.com redirects to unknown sites, the main thing that you have to do is to monitor installation of the freeware. This can be done by selecting Custom or Advanced installation method every time when downloading free program from the Internet. After selecting this method, go ahead and check what free additions are offered to you along the way. Make sure you opt out of them by unchecking their check marks.
How to remove SofotiProjects.com virus?
In order to remove SofotiProjects.com virus from your computer, you should either scan it with reputable anti-spyware or follow our manual removal guide. Please, be very careful if you selected this removal option.
To remove SofotiProjects.com virus, follow these steps:
Remove SofotiProjects.com from Windows systems
Uninstall SofotiProjects.com and related programs
Here, look for SofotiProjects.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Erase SofotiProjects.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for SofotiProjects.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete SofotiProjects.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for SofotiProjects.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete SofotiProjects.com removal.
Uninstall SofotiProjects.com virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, SofotiProjects.com should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Eliminate SofotiProjects.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select SofotiProjects.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete SofotiProjects.com removal.
Get rid of SofotiProjects.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select SofotiProjects.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete SofotiProjects.com removal.
Remove SofotiProjects.com from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for SofotiProjects.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete SofotiProjects.com removal process.