Soraxi.com is a Turkish search site that may try to make you visit unfamiliar websites or show you commercial pop-up ads during your browsing. It seems that this doubtful website is trying to imitate a well-known search engine Google; however, we can hardly believe that it is powered by this search giant. Once Soraxi.com hijacks each of the internet browsers that are installed on the system, this doubtful search engine starts showing its ads that are supposed to make people visit affiliate sites. Moreover, for the same reason Soraxi.com may also display altered search results filled with commercial messages and similar content. If your home page and search engine was changed to this doubtful website, you should check your PC for Soraxi.com virus. Also, ignore its ads.
How can Soraxi.com hijack my computer?
We have noticed that this search site appears on people's computers right after installing freewares, sharewares and other third party programs. It looks like this website was developed for Turkish-speaking users but, i you are not careful enough, Soraxi.com may affect your computer no matter where you live. In order to avoid it, you should remember a couple of tips: first of all, you should avoid downloading unfamiliar free programs without checking them first. If you are not attentive enough, you may add this hijacker to your system unwillingly. In addition, closely monitor every doubtful installation and choose advanced or custom installation option in order to follow the entire process. By doing so, you will be able to identify every single unwanted program/hijacker that is trying to invade your computer.
How to remove Soraxi.com?
Usually this browser hijacker enters systems unnoticed. If you are experiencing Soraxi.com redirects, follow these instructions and safely remove this search engine from you computer:
- Scan your PC with reliable and well-known anti-spyware program, such as Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the 'Settings' icon and choose 'Manage Addons'.
2. Go to 'Search Providers and change your default search engine to Bing or Google;
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange Mozilla button and select add-ons.
2. Here, choose 'Extensions’ tab and select Soraxi and other unknown extensions.
3. Click the 'Remove button and restart the browser.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Settings' -> 'Basics' -> 'Manage Search engines'.
2. Here, look for Soraxi and other unknown entries and remove them.