SoundFrost isn't the most dangerous type of adware, although this potentially unwanted program may cause lots of annoying advertisements, and in some cases, security problems. This PUP may also hijack user's browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. By doing so this adware gets ability to display its ads, pop-ups and in-text ads whenever people start their browsing. It may also affect search engine results and return completely different results for making people visit required sites. There is another negative side of this browser-hijacker: it may track and record one's browsing information, visited sites, search queries and etc. According to its publishers, users' tracking is necessary for “better browsing experience” and “advertisement relevancy”, but, in fact, these activities are used only to drive traffic to sponsored sites and to make more money for their owners.
How can SoundFrost infiltrate my computer?
SoundFrost virus can be installed into PC system without users knowledge. This adware relies on untrustworthy freeware programs that are usually filled with various free additions. When installing freewares or sharewares you are not familiar with, it is better to select a “advanced” or a “custom” installation option on a installation wizard, therefore user can follow each installation step and unmark any unwanted programs or plug-ins that comes with a freeware bundle. If you think that SoundFrost or similar adware was added to your system without your permission, we strongly recommend to remove it from the system. Otherwise, you may notice SoundFrost redirects and similar activities that may initiate further damage. In order to remove it from your computer, just follow our submitted guidelines below.
How to remove SoundFrost?
If you noticed SoundFrost redirects and similar issues that are related to this program, you should waste no time and follow the guide below. Leaving this potentially unwanted program on the system may cause infiltration of more serious viruses, the loss of your personal information and similar issues:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for unknown entries/recently installed freeware, such as SoundFrost.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Once you do that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.