Speedial Search is a browser hijacker, which is related to a well known redirect virus that is called speedial.com virus. As soon as it enters computer, this search engine hijacks all web browsers. It typically makes changes in victim's default search engine and start page what makes him/her forget about previously used search engines, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. This is done NOT for no reason – after initiating all these changes, Speedial Search starts displaying annoying pop-up ads, initiates redirects and makes the system much slower. By doing so, it seeks to increase the popularity of third party sites and earn some easy money for its developers. Please, do NOT let this virus make you visit unfamiliar websites because you can never know how safe they are. If you want to avoid Speedial Search redirects, you should remove this browser hijacker from your computer.
How can Speedial Search hijack my computer?
Speedial Search virus is promoted with a help of other free downloads. It may be download managers, PDF creators and similar applications that are actively offered for free. If you decided that you really need such program, you can try to install freeware without downloading Speedial Search in a bundle with it. For that, you should firstly choose Custom or Advanced installation. Once you choose it, you should carefully read what's said on each installation window and opt out of Speedial Search. If you noticed that your homepage was changed to speedial.com and your start page was changed to Speedial Search, you should waste no time and check your computer for a browser hijacker. Of course, you should also don't forget to change your browsers' settings back to normal because this virus may continue its redirects and similar unwanted activities..
How to remove Speedial Search?
In order to remove Speedial Search from the system, you should firstly scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove malicious programs from it. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. Once you remove all programs that are malicious, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Speedial uninstaller, WPM22.214.171.12459, MySearchDial and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the 'Gear” icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- When 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings' window appears, check the 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click OK to save these changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on 'Firefox' button.
- Then go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Open Google Chrome and click on menu button.
- As soon as 'Settings' window appears, click on 'Show advanced settings'
- Scroll down until you find 'Reset browser settings' button and click 'Reset'.
- Restart Google Chrome to save changes.