Spy Guard is a potentially unwanted application, which similarly to Spy Alert can be used for showing cookies on websites. It can be installed on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers as soon as it gets inside the system. Basically, we have included Spy Guard to our database because of its distribution method, which can also be called as 'unfair' and 'illegal' because it doesn't ask user's permission when it decides to enter the system. Once this program gets inside the system, it leaves its own extension on all Internet browsers that are installed on the PC and starts its job. Beware that adware has been reported for showing annoying pop-up advertisements and unwanted ads. Besides, it can be easily used to track users and their browsing habits what makes us discuss about privacy violation. If you have noticed that this program has secretly infiltrated your machine, you should remove Spy Guard from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET SPY GUARD ON MY COMPUTER?
Spy Guard can be downloaded from the sites that are involved to its distribution. However, it can also get inside the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. When you need such software, make sure you choose a custom installation method and get rid of unfamiliar entries that show up. When installed, Spy Guard modifies computer's parameters by leaving its own extension. As a result, it starts interrupting user's search sessions by showing different kinds of pop-up ads that can easily lead you to infiltration of additional software. Besides, it may start tracking the victim and sending this data to the third parties.
HOW TO REMOVE SPY GUARD?
If you want to get rid of Spy Guard and its continuous pop-up ads, you should follow these steps:
First of all, remove program's entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Spy Guard and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Spy Guard and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Spy Guard and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, if you hhaven't installed Spy Alert manually, you should also scan your PC with Reimage or other reputable security software and remove malicious files from the system.