Spy Lookout App is a ad-supported plug-in, which not only displays large amount of pop-ups that may interfere with people's browsing experience. It may also hijack all web browsers and start redirecting them to unknown sites or cause other unwanted activities. This plug-in is also classified as an “adware” type program and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). When added to your system, Spy Lookout App virus may initiate its unfair activities, such as uncontrollable pop-ups, home page modifications, even collecting information about your browsing habits. Although, Spy Lookout App isn't considered to be a virus, but in some cases it may cause problems for you, including . That's why we don't recommend clicking on its pop-up ads.
How does Spy Lookout App infiltrate computers?
Spy Lookout App may trick users into installing it by pretending to be a legitimate and reliable anti-malware tool. Although this might sound like a useful program, don't be fooled. Sometimes similar adware programs rely on questionable distribution methods, such as freewares and sharewares. When installing free programs you are not familiar with, you should be extra careful and be more cautious because there are hundreds of adwares that can be bundled with freeware programs. When installing a program you have doubts about, it is better to select “custom” or “advanced” installation method. By doing so, you will have a better understanding what sort of extensions and plug-ins are bundled with the program you are about to install. Follow each installation step and unmark all unfamiliar accessories that come with the installation. If you noticed irritating pop-ups (Ads by Spy Lookout App, Brought to you by Spy Lookout App and etc.) during your browsing, there is a huge possibility that your system is infected by this adware.
How to remove Spy Lookout App?
If you were tricked into installing Spy Lookout App on your computer and you want to get rid of this adware, you can rely on automated removal method because it can prevent system damage. This method requires just downloading Reimage or Malwarebytes and running a full system scan. You can also follow these steps in order to remove eGames Toolbar from the system:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Spy Lookout App, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YSpy Lookout App 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.