Starburn Software Virus is a questionable program, which may cause serious issues on your computer. If Starburn Software Virus infiltrates your system, your home page and default search engine may be changed to Search.starburnsoftware.com. These and similar system changes have made security experts include Starburn Software Virus to their data bases. In mist of the cases, it is classified as a browser hijacker. As far as we know, you should avoid Search.starburnsoftware.com because it's a questionable search engine, which can hardly display real search results without tons of advertisements. If you use this search engine, you may get altered search results, and also may suffer from redirects to predetermined websites. If this hijacker has infiltrated your PC, you should known that it may also initiate privacy related issues by tracking and recording your browsing habits.
How can Starburn Software Virus infiltrate my computer?
This doubtful program is often traveling in a bundle with other Starburn creations, such as Free Audio Converter, Free Video Burner, Free Disk Eraser, etc. If you downloaded any programs from its official website, there is a possibility that your system was infected with this hijacker. You can also add this potentially unwanted program to your system with a help of other dubious free installations. Questionable programs from unknown sources are often filled with unwanted attachments. Don't worry, you can avoid such programs, you just need to know some simple things. First of all, don't install doubtful programs from unknown websites. Secondly, if you are installing unfamiliar program, avoid quick, basic or recommended installation options. Instead, select advanced or custom installation method and follow the entire process step by step. Finally, unmark any attachments or changes that this program may offer to you. If you noticed that your home page and search engine were changed to Search.starburnsoftware.com, it means that Starburn Software hijacked your PC. In this case, you should stop wasting the time and follow these steps.
How to remove Starburn Software virus from my computer?
Don't suffer from Starburn Software redirects because it can easily try to make you visit insecure websites. In order to remove it from your system, follow these steps that are submitted below:
- Scan your system with reliable and legitimate anti-spyware tool (we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes)
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.