Start.androidnewtab.com is recognized as a browser hijacker that may appear on your screen out of nowhere. This hijacker pretends to be a legitimate search engine. However, after researching some information about this program, we have managed to find something about this search engine that should encourage you to remove it as soon as possible. First of all, Start.androidnewtab.com may appear as your home page and as your search engine right after your browser has been hijacked. Secondly, this search provider is very unreliable, and if you decide to use it, you may get altered search results that are filled with sponsored messages. Thirdly, this hijacker may invoke tracking cookies and track your online activities behind your back.
How can Start.androidnewtab.com hijack my computer?
Start.androidnewtab.com virus may infiltrate your computer, initiate many unwanted activities, and not even ask for your permission. That is why majority of its victims are assuming that Start.androidnewtab.com is a malicious infection. Don't worry, that is not entirely true. However, this intruder should be removed as soon as possible. You should also avoid downloading unfamiliar freewares because this hijacker may travel as an additional attachment. Moreover, many security experts are labeling Start.androidnewtab.com as a redirect virus. That is because this unwanted program may try to redirect you to various sponsored websites. It acts this way in order to increase traffic to such websites and to make money from advertising.
How to remove Start.androidnewtab.com from my computer?
In order to get rid of Start.androidnewtab.com ads, you need to remove the freeware that is related to this unwanted invader. Check your recently installed programs and remove such questionable applications as HomeTab. These simple steps should help you:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Start.androidnewtab.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as HomeTab, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers (Internet Browser, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for HomeTab, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plug-in, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Start.androidnewtab.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select HomeTab, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Start.androidnewtab.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, HomeTab, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Start.androidnewtab.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.