Start-search.com is a search site, which is often discovered on the system out of nowhere. If you are one of those people who noticed it instead of the start page or default search engine, it’s a sign that your computer was hijacked by Start-search.com virus. That’s why there are hundreds of security experts who have labeled it as browser hijacker. In reality, the fact that this site is related to snap.do virus can easily initiate doubts about this search site. In addition to that, it has been noticed that it may start showing altered search results that are filled with various advertisements, such as in-text links, banner ads and similar content. If you want to avoid Start-search.com redirects to questionable web sites, you should stick on more reputable search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. If you think that this search engine is already hiding in your PC system, you should waste no time and remove it from there.
How can Start-search.com hijack my browsers?
Sometimes Start-search.com hijacks computers without their owners’ approval. That’s because its distribution is closely related to freeware and shareware. Of course, if you choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and closely follow each installation step, you can get ability to opt out of this search site. Please, do that when installing your next freeware. Otherwise, you may notice changes in your start page and/or default search engine, start suffering from annoying redirects and notice other annoying activities on your computer.
How to remove Start-search.com virus?
When trying to remove Start-search.com virus from your computer, you have to eliminate all free programs that are related to it. Also, follow each of these steps and make sure that you remove this hijacker from the system for good:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall Start-search.com from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove start-search.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate start-search.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate start-search.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.